Rach J
I love driving... for many reasons but one of them is because its where I spend most time listening to music. At the start of this week I choose an album that I hadn't listened to in a while and I knew would do my soul good.

It is 'Jesus and Justice' by Brian Houston. It is a wonderful collection of old hymns and beautiful written lyrics by Houston himself. I love Brian's sound and his talent in breathing musical creativity into timeless words.

The theme of the next 10 days for me is worry, stress and fear as exams draw ever closer. But throughout the past few days I have heard God whisper, come to Me...tell Me about your struggles...because I care for you! (1 Peter 5:7)

One song in particular reminded me of God's constant care and desire to lift our burdens from us and give us peace. It also reminded me of the times I needlessly forfeit peace from God because I don't share my heart and worries with Him. So today I have carried everything to Him in prayer knowing that He is big enough, strong enough and willing to carry my burdens with me.

What A Friend We have in Jesus:

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Ev'rything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Ev'rything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer:
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus Knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Saviour, still our refuge;
Take it to the Lord in prayer:
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer;
In His arms He'll take and shield thee;
Thou wilt find a solace there.





**********************************

One more thing, I had a wonderful day today....mostly because of photos. First of all Corey and I had a Photo Booth session, it was so adorable....Corey would wait for the 3...2...1....countdown and would make several poses. He is just so amazing. Then at dship we celebrated Petra's time with us this year by taking photos together around Saintfield. It was so much fun! I love you girls!







I hope you're all doing well and those of you who are doing exams are surviving! My sympathy and support are with each one of you :)
0 Responses